Saturday, July 23, 2011

Stanford Report

For 7/14/11 TLW read a scholarly article using the asking questions comprehension strategy. What's important?  Even Geniuses Work Hard by Carol S. Dweck

Reading with Meaning.

"You can be as smart as you want to be."  Where is she going with this?

Ahhhhhhh, we already went over this with the previous reading and with the visitors that came to our classroom.  Sorry, but I don't have any questions and cannot read with a purpose for questions, because I already know what this is all about.  I read the first paper New study yields instructive results on how mindset affects learning before class and did the reading and highlighting with the importance of identifying key points.  I am a deep reader anyway, so honestly, I know how to ask questions and reflect on answers that I find or infer where a story is going or what I think the answers will be.  I am an avid reader.  Plus I read this paper a few days ago, but forgot I read it until I got into the first paragraph.  I do agree with her thoughts.
Engagement level 4 b/c already familiar with it, but that was my fault.

1 comment:

  1. It is fantastic to hear of your strong reading skills, so I wonder what the 'hidden' purpose of the task may have been? Following up on what you posted, how can you share/develop these types of reading skills with Godfrey-Lee learners?

    ReplyDelete